In this article:
Essential plugins that help WordPress easier
WordPress is the popular web creation tool and has a lot of plugins to customize their site
Active Installations: 500,000+
Antispam Bee blocks spam comments and trackbacks effectively, without captchas and without sending personal information to third party services. It is free of charge, ad-free and 100% GDPR compliant.
- Trust approved commenters.
- Trust commenters with a Gravatar.
- Consider the comment time.
- Allow comments only in a certain language.
- Block or allow commenters from certain countries.
- Treat BBCode as spam.
- Validate the IP address of commenters.
- Use regular expressions.
- Search local spam database for commenters previously marked as spammers.
- Notify admins by e-mail about incoming spam.
- Delete existing spam after n days.
- Limit approval to comments/pings (will delete other comment types).
- Select spam indicators to send comments to deletion directly.
- Optionally exclude trackbacks and pingbacks from spam detection.
- Optionally spam-check comment forms on archive pages.
- Display spam statistics on the dashboard, including daily updates of spam detection rate and a total of blocked spam comments.
Contact Form 7:
Active Installations: 5+ Million
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering
Active installations:1+ million
Loginizer is a WordPress plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attack by blocking login for the IP after it reaches maximum retries allowed. You can blacklist or whitelist IPs for login using Loginizer. You can use various other features like Two Factor Auth, reCAPTCHA, PasswordLess Login, etc. to improve security of your website.
Features in Loginizer include:
Blocks IP after maximum retries allowed
Extended Lockout after maximum lockouts allowed
Email notification to admin after max lockouts
Blacklist IP/IP range
Whitelist IP/IP range
Check logs of failed attempts
Create IP ranges
Delete IP ranges
Licensed under GNU GPL version 3
Safe & Secure
- Active installations:1+ million
redirection is the most popular redirect manager for WordPress. With it you can easily manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This can help reduce errors and improve your site ranking.
Redirection is designed to be used on sites with a few redirects to sites with thousands of redirects.
It has been a WordPress plugin for over 10 years and has been recommended countless times. And it’s free!
In addition to straightforward URL matching you can redirect based on other conditions:
- Login status – redirect only if the user is logged in or logged out
- WordPress capability – redirect if the user is able to perform a certain capability
- Browser – redirect if the user is using a certain browser
- Referrer – redirect if the user visited the link from another page
- Cookies – redirect if a particular cookie is set
- HTTP headers – redirect based on a HTTP header
- Custom filter – redirect based on your own WordPress filter
- IP address – redirect if the client IP address matches
- Server – redirect another domain if also hosted on this server
- Page type – redirect if the current page is a 404
Site Kit by Google
- Active installations:400,000+
Site Kit is the official WordPress plugin from Google for insights about how people find and use your site. Site Kit is the one-stop solution to deploy, manage, and get insights from critical Google tools to make the site successful on the web. It provides authoritative, up-to-date insights from multiple Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard for easy access, all for free.
SUPPORTED GOOGLE TOOLS
Site Kit shows key metrics and insights from different Google products:
- Search Console: Understand how Google Search discovers and displays your pages in Google Search. Track how many people saw your site in Search results, and what query they used to search for your site.
- Analytics: Explore how users navigate your site and track goals you’ve set up for your users to complete.
- AdSense: Keep track of how much your site is earning you.
- PageSpeed Insights: See how your pages perform compared to other real-world sites. Improve performance with actionable tips from PageSpeed Insights.
- Tag Manager: Use Site Kit to easily set up Tag Manager- no code editing required. Then, manage your tags in Tag Manager.
- Optimize: Use Site Kit to easily set up Optimize- no code editing required. Then, set up A/B tests in Optimize.
- Active installations:5+ million
Since 2008 Yoast SEO has helped millions of websites worldwide to rank higher in search engines. This WordPress SEO plugin helps you with your search engine optimization. Are you not entirely convinced? Yoast SEO is the favorite WordPress SEO plugin of millions of users worldwide!
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- A state-of-the-art Schema implementation helps search engines make sense of your site and increases the chance on those coveted rich results.
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over your site’s breadcrumbs.
- Automatically set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content.
- The SEO analysis: an invaluable tool to write SEO-friendly texts with the right (focus) keywords in mind.
- The readability analysis: make sure that you are writing easy-to-digest, engaging content for both visitors and search engines.
- Our snippet preview that shows you how your post or page will look in the search results. Even on mobile!
- An FAQ and HowTo block for the WordPress editor so search engines know when you are serving a FAQ page or HowTo guides.
W3 Total Cache
- Active installations:1+ million
W3 Total Cache (W3TC) improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance and reducing load times by leveraging features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
- Up to 80% bandwidth savings when you minify HTML, minify CSS and minify JS files.